Problems With socket Under NT & PythonWin 2.0

swanky_mode at my-deja.com swanky_mode at my-deja.com
Tue Dec 12 11:35:28 EST 2000

In article <fMQY5.12943$hp.1457332 at typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,
  "Darrell" <news at dorb.com> wrote:
> Copy the example to a .py file and run it from the command line or
just
> double click it.
> The example blocks on conn.recv(1024), meaning that you current
thread will
> stop responding.
>
> Of interest might be select or timeout socket.
> Timeout socket is something you would need to download.

Hey, Darrell;

Thanks for your help.  Both the EchoClient.py and EchoServer.py worked
as expected from the command line as opposed to using the PythonWin IDE.

I'll be taking a look at Timeout Socket shortly (now downloading it
from the Valuts of Parnassus...)

Just out of curiosity, is this thread blocking causing the IDE to hang
a PythonWin issue only, or does this occur on other OSs and IDEs?

Again, thank you for your time and help...

Bill

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/