DCOracle Memory Leak?

C.Laurence Gonsalves clgonsal at keeshah.penguinpowered.com
Thu Dec 7 12:04:17 EST 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:47:55 -0400, Jose Martin <joseamartin at venmex.com> wrote:
> Hi, sorry i cant help you, but , can you help me ?
> I am trying to use DCOracle on Python 2.0 under Windows or Linux
> but when i try to make my scritp :
>
> The first line is
> from DCOracle import *
>
> when i try to run:
> Python say me:
>
> File "d:\python20\DCOracle\__init__.py", line 52, in ?
>     import sys, Buffer
> ImportError: No module named Buffer
>
> I was searched my python path for a module called Buffer, but i dont have it
> Whats happennig ?

The Buffer module is actually a shared library. There are two shared
libraries that are part of DCOracle: Buffer and oci_. Look for
"Buffer.so" and "oci_.so". If you're missing both of these, then it
sounds like you might have just installed the *.py files without
building the *.so files. If that's the case, see the Readme file that
comes with DCOracle for instructions on building it.

--
  C. Laurence Gonsalves                "Any sufficiently advanced
  clgonsal at kami.com                     technology is indistinguishable