embeding problem 2: Py_Finalize didn't free all the memory

Patrick Blanchette pblanchette at pixelsystems.com
Wed Dec 13 14:08:17 EST 2000

I,
   I'm embeding python in a WinNT application.  This application can run
a python script.  Before executing a python script, the application
calls the Py_Initialize function and executes the script.  After the
script execution, the application calls the Py_Finalyze function.  I
notice that the application use more memory than before the script
execution, I suppose that the Py_Finalyze function didn't not cleanup
the python interpreter completely.  If I try to execute another script,
an error happens!
   If I call Py_Initialize and Py_Finalyze only 1 time, everything works
correctly.  The problem is that my application use more memory after
each script execution.
   I tried to call Py_NewInterpreter() function before executing a
script and the Py_EndInterpreter() at the end of each script but  the
memory usage still grow rapidly.

   What should I do to keep the memory usage low?  My application is
supposed to be able to run continuously without restart.

Thanks in advance