Python vs. PHP (& Java?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Dec 29 09:34:48 EST 2000

Michael Ströder wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Kemp Randy-W18971 <Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com> wrote:
> > > 2.  Could we argue that an artificial language, such as Esperanto, is better
> > >     to use around the world then a natural language, like English?
>
> <OFFTOPIC>
> Esperanto is pretty much derived from romanian languages. Rather
> hard to learn for many people. How about http://www.lojban.org ?
> </OFFTOPIC>

Tee-hee!  That rather ignores all empirical evidence from the last 113
years or so, now doesn't it?

By the way, you probably meant "Romance" languages, not "romanian".  Which
is another way of saying "Latin-derived", mostly, and is a somewhat
truthful claim when applied to Esperanto, although I always felt it misled
more than explained, given Esperanto's grammar.

Anyway, not that number of speakers demonstrates ease of learning in any
way, but how many people fluently speak Loglan/Lojban?  Had it reached ten
yet?