Getting a code obj's function?

Bjoern Giesler un4e at rzstud1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Dec 15 04:28:03 EST 2000

Hi,

another inane question...

...is there a standard way to get the function object that a code object is
associated with? On exception, I only get the code object from the
traceback.

If there is no standard way, could somebody please comment on the following:
I've modified my Python interpreter so that a code object has one more
member, co_func. This gets set to None initially, and PyFunc_New() sets it
to the new function object that is created. What are the potential problems
with this approach, if any? I see all kinds of memory leaks / double frees
coming, but haven't really enough understanding of Python to know what might
happen. My assumption was that a code object is assigned to a maximum of
exactly one function. Is this correct?

Regards,
		--Björn