Controlling the Parallel Port

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 10:38:10 EST 2000

"Simon Faulkner" <News at Titanic.co.uk> wrote in message
news:pe1k4tsr7u017n45gf09f20fc8k1int2ci at 4ax.com...
> Cheers Bill,
>

> I have found the link and, indeed, several other c links.
>
> So, pardon my Python ignorance, but what is SWIG?

See www.swig.org:

"""
SWIG is a software development tool that connects programs written in C,
C++, and Objective-C with a variety of high-level programming languages.
SWIG is primarily used with common scripting languages such as Perl, Python,
Tcl/Tk, Ruby, and Guile but has also been extended to include languages such
as Java and Eiffel. SWIG is most commonly used to create high-level
interpreted programming environments and as a tool for building user
interfaces. SWIG may be freely used, distributed, and modified for
commercial and noncommercial use
"""

Alex