A Suggestion for Python Colon Syntax

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Dec 28 12:32:14 EST 2000

In article <91trir$52l$1 at hecate.umd.edu>, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

>I saw many replies that give the reasons why the colons are
>*needed*.  My suggestion is to make it *optional*, like the
>semicolon at the end of statements.

I hate optional syntax.  It just makes code harder to read when
the syntax is variable.  I don't have a strong opinion about
whether there should be colons or not, but I definitely think
picking _one_ syntax is the way to go.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm definitely not
                                  at               in Omaha!