How to start a process?

Dave Brueck dbrueck at edgix.com
Tue Dec 12 09:33:43 EST 2000

Hi David,

The exec* routines _replace_ the current process with the new one, so this
doesn't really help you achieve the goal of several simultaneous processes.
See os.fork and the os.spawn* functions.

Anyway, if you use os.execvp you don't have to specify the full path to the
executable- it'll search your $PATH var for it. Also, the first (zero'th)
arg is the name of the program:

os.execvp('python',['python','hack.py','foo','bar'])

-Dave