Python problem

George R. Kasica georgek at netwrx1.com
Sun Dec 24 10:09:08 EST 2000

Hello:

Here's the problem I'm having...any help greatly appreciated:

I've installed Python 2.0 here under linux 2.2.18 and recently have
started to use a software package called apache toolkit which builds
the various modules of the apache web server (one of them being Mod
Python 2.6.3) When I attempt to add this option I receive the
following:

>Python detected but with threads support enabled!
>
> Please recompile Python 1.5.2+ without threads. You can get it from\
>  "http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.0/BeOpen-Python-2.0.tar.gz".
>  When running ./configure use the "--without-threads" option.

Here's the problem:

I've used make clobber in the Python directory and even totally
removed the directory and reinstalled from the tar.gz file and run the
./configure --without-threads option but it still comes up like
this....

Where and what else must I get rid of to start over from zero? I
didn't use any sort of optioning besides that shown so the file
locations should be "standard" per the Makefile.

Thank you,

===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 513 8503
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
Netwrx Consulting Inc.          Waukesha, WI USA
http://www.netwrx1.com
georgek at netwrx1.com
ICQ #12862186