Is Stackless and uthread.py SMP friendly?

jbalding at hotmail.com jbalding at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 14:57:34 EST 2000

> >| will Stackless and uthread.py make my SMP
> >| experience with Python a happy one?
> >
> >it should work just fine, since microthreads don't use os threads.
>
>    True, but I believe the real question was whether microthreads
> could run on different CPUs, to which I believe the answer is "no".
> It will work fine, but only on one CPU per process.

Okay. My next question: Is there a simple way of taking advantage of
multiple processors using Python, or is this something that is going to
be like pulling teeth? In other words, are there existing packages that
allow relatively high-level, transparent access to multiple processors?

Thanks - John

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/