Smalltalk and Python

Jay O'Connor joconnor at cybermesa.com
Tue Dec 12 14:10:30 EST 2000

>Having said that Python is not really a great substitute for Smalltalk

Agreed, Python is not a good tool for Smalltalk in places where
Smalltalk is a good tool, and vice versa.

Python is a good tool for those used to Smalltalk who want something
palatable in places where Smalltalk is not a good tool (and Perl is not
palatable :)

>I may be  setting up for failure, due to Python's mediocre GUI, but I'm having a go at it.

Have you look at the gtk interface for Python?  Looks pretty good.  Or
is that not an option for your platform

--
Jay O'Connor
joconnor at cybermesa.com
http://www.cybermesa.com/~joconnor

"God himself plays the bass strings first when He tunes the soul"