Compiler SIG

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Feb 9 13:16:02 EST 2000

You are invited to join the Compiler SIG:
http://www.python.org/sigs/compiler-sig/

The Web pages about the SIG still need a lot of work, but they provide
some indication of the SIG's purpose:

    This SIG provides a forum for discussing compilation and program
    analysis issues. Unlike most SIGs, it does not have a specific
    mandate or deliverable. There are several independent projects to
    develop compilers, type checkers, and related tools.

Ka-Ping Yee took notes on the Dev Day session on compilers.  It
provides more background about the SIG:

    http://www.python.org/sigs/compiler-sig/dev-day-notes.txt

I am putting together a list of Python compiler and program analysis
projects.  If you are responsible for such a project, I'd appreciate
it if you could send me a URL and a brief description.  I'll post the
final list on the compiler-sig Web page.

Jeremy