zope search on external html tree

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Thu Feb 17 15:22:35 EST 2000

    Tim> If there's a way to configure zope to include an external HTML tree
    Tim> in its 'search'able domain, I haven't found it.

As I recall from a similar thread recently, you need to write an external
method to grab files from the filesystems.  Once you read the file I have no
idea how you'd feed its contents to the internal zope machinery for
indexing.

You might want to browse the copious numbers of HowTo documents on the Zope
web site for details about writing external methods.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
"Languages that change by catering to the tastes of non-users tend not to do
so well." - Doug Landauer