Proposal: Official whitespace response

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Feb 16 09:31:14 EST 2000

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 08:24:36PM +0000, Forrest Cahoon wrote:

> As python's popularity increases, you will probably see more of my type
> -- real programmers

Oh yeah, it would be good to have more of those around<wink>.

[ about 'tabs are 8 spaces' ]

> I don't know why this is so hidden.

It's probably because it is very, very obvious to everyone. Well, everyone
who thought about FAQs and docs and such. I, for one, am a god-forsaken
dutch atheist (and damned proud of it) but there is one thing I have a holy
belief in... Tabs are 8 spaces. I still fail to see why anyone would think
differently.

(Granted, though, the FAQ and the tutorial should be suitably indoctrinating
to convert all those unholy sinners up front;)

Asbestosly-y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>