MAPI and NT Service

Michel Orengo michelorengo at netscape.com
Tue Feb 1 13:33:21 EST 2000

Mark Hammond wrote:

> MAPI defers alot of security stuff until actually needed.  What user
> is the service logged on as?  I would guess that it is NT/Exchange
> security related rather than your script...

I don't think it is related to the security stuff, because I logged fine
with MAPILogonEX.
As I answer to Bill - who helped me previously:

<QUOTE>
With:

import mapi
mapi.MAPIInitialize((mapi.MAPI_INIT_VERSION, mapi.MAPI_NT_SERVICE))
rawSession = mapi.MAPILogonEx(0, <profile name>, <password>,
mapi.MAPI_EXPLICIT_PROFILE | mapi.MAPI_NEW_SESSION | mapi.MAPI_NO_MAIL |

mapi.MAPI_NT_SERVICE)

session = win32com.client.Dispatch("MAPI.Session")
session.Logon(profileName=<blah>, profilePassword=<blah>, showDialog=0,
newSession = 0, NoMail=1)

The latest line fails (same as I had before)

But then I realized that with that code I was logging twice:
 - first with mapi.MAPILogonEX
 - then with session.Logon

I figured out that it might have a way to map a MAPI object with a CDO
Object
since CDO is built on top of MAPI.
Looking at the the CDO doc, I found the MAPIOBJECT property that hold
the MAPI
handle.
I gave it a try with:

session.MAPIOBJECT = rawSession

then:

outbox = session.Outbox

and it worked!

However, since I was in a trial mode, I did that using the interactive
session.

I tried with my NT Service but it failed on:

outbox = session.Outbox

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to look into it very seriously. I plan
spend more time on this in the near future, but other projects deadlines
force
me to hold on this project.

<UNQUOTE>

The project is still on hold, I hope to work on it very soon.
In the meantime, if you have any suggestion...

Thanks for your help
Michel