ftpmirror -local to remote?

boyle5 at llnl.gov boyle5 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 23 11:25:43 EST 2000

In the Tools/scripts subdirectory there is a program 'ftpmirror.py', which
can mirror a directory from a remote host to the local machine.  I am in need
of its conjugate, a code to mirror a local directory onto a remote host. The
only pipe I have to the remote machine is ftp. I'm going to try and reverse
engineer the current ftpmirror.py, but before I did I thought I'd ask if it
has been done before and save me the trouble. There is a Perl code available
to do the job, but I would prefer a Python solution.

I've hunted around in the usual places, Parnassus, Starship, usw but no joy.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.