A comp.lang.python code snippet archive?

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Tue Feb 29 03:17:56 EST 2000

On 28-Feb-00 Hans Nowak wrote:
 >  I would like to know:
 >  * if it's still worthwile to continue this site
 >  * what kind of improvements I could make (a search engine would be cool but
 >  I don't know much about CGI)

This is the first time I've heard about your site. After a brief
browsing, I'm pretty sure that it will be of great help to me. I'm very
glad that your ambition is to test the code and clean it up. However,
it may be a good thing to use some sort of python code detector to
filter out candidate messages. Perhaps you already use such an animal.
These candidate messages could be included in your archieve under a
special section: Untested. Later, these could be tested and cleaned for
possible inclusion in appropriate sections. I understand very well that
the testing and cleaning process requires a lot of work. I do not
volonteer to help, but I think that you do need helping hands.

Your site is (or may become) just as valuable to the community as the
Python docs, the FAQ, the Vault of Parnassus, et cetera.

I-only-miss-your-name-at-the-site-ly y'rs

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343