Communicating with MICO

Duncan Grisby dgrisby at uk.research.att.com
Thu Feb 3 05:24:08 EST 2000

In article <3898d8cb at nntp.server.uni-frankfurt.de>,
 <mlauer at trollinger-fe.rz.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

>Howdy - I'm looking for a way to implement a
>MICO (CORBA implementation - see http://www.mico.org)
>server object with python. Is this somehow possible ?

I'm not aware of any Python ORBs which are based on MICO. There are,
however, three other ORBs which you can use for your server. MICO
clients will be able to connect to the server with no difficulties.
Check out

omniORBpy: http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORBpy/
Fnorb:     http://www.fnorb.com/
ILU:       ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html

I prefer omniORBpy, but I wrote it so I'm not exactly unbiased.

Cheers,

Duncan.