Sockets or networking library?

Tres Seaver tseaver at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Feb 23 23:44:43 EST 2000

In article <M8Ks4.334$Em5.48115 at news7.onvoy.net>,
chris davis <chris at rpgarchive.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for a good sockets or networking library, preferably with some
>abstraction.  I'm building a multi-player network game, and want something
>abstracted along the lines of directx.  If there's nothing out there I'll do
>it myself, but I want to know that it hasn't been done already.

If you go at it yourself, a lot of the documentation and high-level design
for the ACE library (http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html) will give you
excellent food for thought.  Although written in C++, ACE does a really
nifty job of encapsulating ugly platform dependencies and of presenting
a consistent, configurable interface to cross-platform network
programming.

Nothing-up-my-sleeve'ly,

Tres.