COM and python

ASCarpenter carpenterasNOcaSPAM at mpco.com.invalid
Wed Feb 9 10:10:02 EST 2000

Is there anyone who can give me some hints on how to get to a custom
COM component from python.  Makepy won't work because it exposes the
interface from IUnknown, not IDispatch.
>From what I can tell I need to add an extension to python, but I'm
wondering how to deal with the object instantiation and reference
counting.
Any examples out there?
Also, does anyone know if this is covered in Mark's book (guess I'll
drop a name because I see it so often here), in which case I can wait
for that to turn up.