embeddable Python web server (was 'derived from CGIHTTPServer.py')

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Fri Feb 18 13:33:52 EST 2000

[Michael Ströder, on Fri, 18 Feb 2000]

:: But there are open issues:
::
:: SimpleHTTPServer is based on SocketServer and
:: [python-doc]/lib/module-SocketServer.html says:
::
:: "These four classes process requests synchronously; each request
:: must be completed before the next request can be started."
::
:: In my case there might be long-running LDAP queries which would
:: block all other users. Do you already have some example code with
:: threading? I will dig into this and publish the code...

Have you looked at Medusa?

http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/