mail filter in python?

Greg McFarlane gregm at iname.com
Mon Feb 7 08:09:02 EST 2000

I am looking for a replacement for the "filter" program that comes
with elm - something that I do not have to compile and something that
is easy to hack on.  Does anyone know of a python version?

(FYI, the elm filter program is executed each time the Unix mail
system attempts to deliver a mail message to your mailbox.  You can
configure it to put certain messages into folders, to delete others or
to forward others to someone else.  It is very useful for dealing with
mailing lists and other high-volume email sources.)

Greg McFarlane     INMS Telstra Australia     gregm at iname.com