PyApache, couldn't geta hold of author, willing to donate sometime

Mark Nielsen python at columbus.rr.com
Sat Feb 12 10:12:15 EST 2000

>    Some primitive and incomplete persistent mechanics already built in
> PyApache - look into README. But to make it more like mod_perl PyApache
> need to be rewritten more like mod_perl.
>    I already mentioned httpdapy, check it out, may be you'll find something
> there.

Thanks!
I re-read the README for Pyapache. When I first read this, I wasn't sure that
I wanted to use the database connection in the way the README decribes it.
The one concern I have is, how do I make sure the database connection will
die if the Apache child process dies? It seems to mention that you have to make
sure you do clean up.

I had another thought, writing an SSI module is (mostly) not a problem, however
what would be a simple way to make sure any python script gets filtered through a

second python script? This would make it easy to implement an SSI module.

I just read httpdapy. It looks pretty cool. It might be what I am looking for.
If I study httpdapy, perhaps I will see what I am looking for.

I am going to install httpdapy and study it for a while. The README looked very
promising.

Mark