small python implementation or python subset ?

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Wed Feb 9 10:16:45 EST 2000

Marc BRETTE <mbre at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr> writes:
> I am looking for a very lightweight implementation of python or for a
> python subset definition.
> almost all its modules. An older version (1.2) seems lighter (300 k),
> but I don't want a dead distribution.
> Does any one around knows about a lightweigth python or a way to strip
> the regular python distribution ?

This may not be exactly what you hoped for -- but look here:

http://www.abo.fi/~iporres/python/

It is a somewhat difficult job to trim python down quite that small
and still have much left...

In the context of some research we are doing, we are exploring some
ways to use Python in a trim embedded environment.  Anyone else doing
this sort of thing?

--
-Jas