Session variable in python

rchowd1 at my-deja.com rchowd1 at my-deja.com
Wed Feb 9 11:47:37 EST 2000

In article <jy9o4.144$Ph6.171140096 at newsa.telia.net>,
  "Fredrik Lundh" <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
> John Nielsen <nielsenjf at my-deja.com> wrote:
> > rchowd1 at my-deja.com wrote:
> > > How do we handle sessions in python (server side) ?
> > >
> > > Could you please explain with a simple example with a form
> > > (client-side) and python (server-side).
> >
> > You're probably not using 'SetValue' in  order to set
> > session/application values.
>
> umm.  just curious, but I thought Python was
> a programming language, not a web application
> server.

I agree that I did not put the question in a understandable manner.

Apache is the WEB SERVER I am using and python is being used for
cgi-scripting.

So when I get a request from a form on the client side, how can I handle
the session in the python(cgi)script in the server side.

Thanks.

> or in other words, the answer could have been
> "it depends on what web server environment
> you're using".  but not this time.
>
> yet another case of mostly anonymous my-deja
> posters asking (and in this case answering) a
> strange question.
>
> who's behind this secret conspiracy?
>
> qopp- at my-deja.com: performance issues between scripting languages in
asp
> pages
> daryl_stult- at my-deja.com: win32security, client privleges
> stevie_dej- at my-deja.com: pickling parent
> thucdat114- at my-deja.com: corel + borland = the end of MS win
> fcahoo- at my-deja.com: whitespace as syntax
> jeremiahroger- at my-deja.com: nonlinear programming?
> eschen4- at my-deja.com: how to lock Zope-shared file with DAV E
>
>     "Erase your 95/98/NT, install Linux now.
>     Bright future for everything."
>
> (hmm.  is it just me, or is it a trend in there...)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.