Ann: PMZ - Poor Man's Zope

Anders Andersen aa at computer.org
Fri Feb 4 04:46:24 EST 2000

> It's perfectly possible to use DTML outside of Zope; nght2html, the
> templating system I use for my Web pages, uses DocumentTemplate
> because I didn't want to write and maintain Yet Another templating
> syntax, and DocumentTemplate has practically all the bells and
> whistles you need.  (nght2html is available at
> http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/python/nght2html/ .)

nght2html was unknown for me, and yesterday I announced [1] xmlt [2]
with a similar usage.  Xmlt also uses DocumentTemplate from Zope but
the contents file (ht files in nght2html) of xmlt can be an ordinary
html file (usually without any fancy markup for the layout).  The user
guide [3] gives a short introduction to xmlt.

> -- A.M. Kuchling

Anders,

[1] ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/anders/xmlt/ANNOUNCE
[2] ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/anders/xmlt/
[3] ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/anders/xmlt/doc/xmlt.html

(also at my local site http://www.cs.uit.no/~aa/dist/tools/xmlt/)

--
Anders Andersen - <mailto:aa at computer.org> - <http://w3.to/andersen/>