What GUI widgets are available?

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Wed Feb 9 12:12:57 EST 2000

On 8 Feb 2000 18:32:12 GMT, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>That sounds cool! I did take a look at the latest documentation
>available from the wxwindows website (indeed, I went to the length of
>again trying to install the whole system, too), and it still showed the
>old edit-box-on-top-of-the-grid widget.

 The docs, unfortunately, tend to lag a bit behind the code. However I just
sent a proposal to wxwin-dev list with exact description of how this feature
may be implemented and I'm 90% sure it will make it in 2.2 now.

 We plan to have support for arbitrary (even user-defined) data and the
standard implementations for supporting strings, bools, lists and may be
images (don't know how to edit those though...).

 I don't know when Robin will find time to add this to wxPython though -
although this class is designed with wXPython in mind, so it should be
relatively easy (i.e. not as difficult as many other things Robin had
already done).

>I'll go off badgering Troll Tech for a decent grid again, now ;-), just
>to retain parity...

 And let the best one win :-)

 Regards,
VZ