Excel Question

Bill Wilkinson bwilk_97 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 14:52:03 EST 2000

[Robin Becker]
> Why don't you make the python a server instead of a client. Then your
> excel could call a small vba routine to open up a python com object.

Two reasons really.

1.  This is a simulation model.  There are many different versions of the
model. I don't really want to have to register an object per model version.
2.  There is a performance decrease when I run the model as a server.(almost
twice as slow.)

It just works really well the way I have it, if I can just get around this
one problem.  Now, having said that. I might have to go with the server
object anyway if