Problem with Emacs mode, at start only

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Feb 17 05:15:43 CET 2000

Hi, people.  I have a little problem, which is a bit annoying, yet not
that much.  Maybe there is an already known solution for it?  Or am I
alone in having this problem?

When, in Emacs, I do not have `*Python*' window initialised, or more
precisely, when there is no process running in that window, then `C-c C-c'
in the window where is the Python source invariably fails the first time,
with the diagnostic below.  Repeating the command a second time works as
expected, and the next times as well, as long as the Python sub-process
does not terminate.  Here is how it looks after `C-c C-c' twice:

## working on region in file /usr/tmp/python-5616l1C...
Python 1.5.2 (#1, Jul 23 1999, 06:38:16)  [GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs- on linux2
>>> Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
IOError: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
>>> ## working on region in file /usr/tmp/python-5616y_I...

This is with Python mode 3.105, while using Emacs 20.5.