[Doc-SIG] Monty: A structured text syntax idea

Karl EICHWALDER ke at gnu.franken.de
Thu Feb 10 22:41:38 EST 2000

"Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)" <tony at lsl.co.uk> writes:

|   It seems to me that the idea of "short" markup for doc strings
|   (acceptable to most people, close to conventions used in email
|   fairly naturally, etc.)  and "proper" markup in the actual
|   documentation is a GOOD plan (much praise to Frank) - but I had to
|   be convinced about that first part.

Thanks for the additional information.  Sounds reasonable.  Since the
kind of markup often is a matter of taste, I think that's a good
approach (the most important part is that the author team agrees to use
the same "style").

BTW, even "short" markup could constitue a valid SGML document; most
probably, you also discussed this issue earlier.

--
work : ke at suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o