will python 3000 break my code?

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Thu Feb 10 19:32:13 EST 2000

Fredrik Lundh wrote in message ...

>given that 1.6 isn't finished yet, and there will be
>a 1.7 release after that, don't you think it's a bit
>early to decide what to do in python 3000? ;-)
>
>(personally, I'd be very surprised if the changes were
>such that old code couldn't be automatically translated).

I guess that makes sense... As a programmer, I say
bring it on... but as a businessperson, that unqualified
statement on the website gave me the chills.. I suspect
I'm not alone in that - what company wants to invest in
(software) technology that may be obsolete in two years?

An upgrade is one thing, but an upgrade that breaks
stuff is dangerous... especially when there's no clear
sign saying what to avoid...

-michal
http://www.sabren.com/