Where is Imaging.h?

David Guertin guertin at middlebury.edu
Wed Feb 16 23:50:54 EST 2000

Hi folks,

Please pardon this python ignoramus, but I'm trying to compile the
source for Sketch 0.6.5 on a Red Hat Linux box.  Compilation chokes
with the error:

  looking for include dir for Imaging.h under /usr/include/python1.5
  Imaging.h not found under /usr/include/python1.5 !

OK, fine, I just need to add a header file that isn't on my system.
The thing is, I can't find this header file in any of the Python
packages I've been able to find.  This system has:

$ rpm -qa | grep python
python-imaging-1.0b1-3
pythonlib-1.22-5
python-1.5.1-10
python-imaging-_tkinter-1.0b1-3
python-_tkinter-1.5.2-2
python-tkinter-1.5.2-2
python-devel-1.5.2-2

and none of these packages (installed from RPM binaries) contains
Imaging.h.  I expected to find it in python-devel, but it's not
there.  Do I need to compile one of these packages from source and
set some flag?

Thanks,
--
Dave Guertin