What GUI widgets are available?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 8 13:32:12 EST 2000

Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2000 14:13:31 GMT, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>For what I understand from the wxGrid documentation, the wxWindows
>>grid isn't editable, at least not in-place.

>  This is not entirely true. The old wxGrid class didn't support in-place
> editing, indeed, but it was editable: it used a text control positioned near
> the top of the grid to edit the contents of the selected cell (quite
> convenient, in fact).

>  However the upcoming wxWin 2.2 release will contain the new wxGrid class
> (which is already in the cvs and is being actively debugged right now) which
> does support in-place editing, has model-view architecture (thus you don't
> have to copy the contents of millions cells in memory, but only need to
> provide the values for those which are displayed) and quite a few other nice
> features.

That sounds cool! I did take a look at the latest documentation
available from the wxwindows website (indeed, I went to the length of
again trying to install the whole system, too), and it still showed the
old edit-box-on-top-of-the-grid widget.

I'll go off badgering Troll Tech for a decent grid again, now ;-), just
to retain parity...

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org