Coverage Analysis

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Tue Feb 8 21:42:25 EST 2000

Skip Montanaro wrote in message
> I have in my inbox a patch I've yet to look at from
> a fellow that improves the display of continuation
> lines.

I also have a modified version of Skip's code.  The
changes are listed below, but the most important is
better identification of which lines were not executed
(reads the LINENO fields from the code objects).
It's at:

  ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/dalke/trace.py

                        Andrew
                        dalke at acm.org

#   Support for files with the same basename (submodules
in packages)
#   Expanded the idea of how to ignore files or modules
#   Split tracing and counting into different classes
#   Extracted count information and reporting from the
count class
#   Added some ability to detect which missing lines could
be executed
#   Added pseudo-pragma to prohibit complaining about
unexecuted lines
#   Rewrote the main program