Barcode-module

Ty Sarna tsarna at endicor.com
Mon Feb 21 14:56:18 EST 2000

In article <k6Gq4.105$mYj.170433536 at newsa.telia.net>,
Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
> Thomas Weholt <thomas at bibsyst.no> wrote:
> > I`d like to generate barcodes. Can it be done from within python
> > somwhow??

Which symbology? There are dozens, maybe hundreds of them.

> of course.  you need a specification, PIL or Piddle,
> and a few spare hours.
>
> or start here:
> http://www.cgpp.com/bookland/
>
> (ISBN barcode generator in pure Python, plus links
> to more code and info on this topic).

I have a Python barcode framework and symbologies for Code 39 (regular
and extended), Interleaved 2 of 5, MSI, Codabar, and USPS Postnet and
FIM, with various degrees of testing (I've actually done mailings with
the USPS codes). I think I may have started Code 128 and others.

These were all on top of an unreleased
PIDDLE/pdfgen/reportlab/PLATYPUS-like library I wrote.  While I think it
was superior in some respects, PIDDLE beat me to market and I consider
mine dead at this point. However, I could be convinced to port my
barcode stuff to reportlab/PLATYPUS, and to implement new symbologies.