Iterators & generators (RE: Real Problems with Python)

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed Feb 16 08:12:47 EST 2000

Andrew Cooke wrote:

[about coroutines]

> > What did you read, actually?
> > Here some pointers:
> > Homepage:   http://www.tismer.com/research/stackless/
> > IPC8 paper: http://www.tismer.com/research/stackless/spcpaper.htm
>
> I read this.  If you read it yourself, trying to remember that once you
> did not know what coroutines were, I think you'll see that the text
> doesn't contain anything like "A coroutine is...".   Coroutines aren't
> even mentioned in the contents.

Oh I am sorry. You are right.
Yes I didn't define coroutines and generators.
These are well understood concepts, and the audience was supposed
to have an idea about that. The real problem appeared to be
continuations, and I tried to show that they are even much
simpler, and explained them by building a generator from them.

Sorry, I mixed words, and I admit that I'm much too deep
in this stuff to see other than my problems :-)

Time to write a very introductional text, I think.

cheers - chris

Düppelstr. 31                :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
12163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net