Mail attachments

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Mon Feb 28 05:15:24 EST 2000

On 27 Feb 2000, Def P wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to read and interpret email attachments. I
> looked into mimetools.py and mimify.py, but don't really understand how they
> work. Say I have a message with multiple files attached, can I use some
> library function to determine where the attachments start and end, and/or to
> extract those parts? Or do I have to look for certain tags myself?

   Goto http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Python/misc.html and download
extract_mime.tgz. There you'll find an example and some docs.
   Just feed a MIME message into the program...

   Mirrors:

http://members.xoom.com/phd2/Software/Python/
Broytmann http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/unix/797/Software/Python/

Oleg.