Problem with sequence<octet>

Markus Kohler kohler at cms.tecmath.de
Fri Feb 4 10:25:58 CET 2000

Hi,
when using the following idl I get into trouble
when using the type sequence<octet>. Actually it seems that
the (un)marshalling code gets a zero pointer exception.

It works when I use sequence<long>( see the code I commented out).

I'm using fnorb 1.01 on Windows NT (precompiled).

module UserManagement
{

  interface TMA_UMService
  {

    struct principal
    {
	string name;
    };

     typedef sequence<octet> encryptedRequest;
     typedef sequence<octet> encryptedSessionKey;
     typedef sequence<octet> encryptedTicket;

    //typedef sequence<long> encryptedRequest;
    //typedef sequence<long> encryptedSessionKey;
    //typedef sequence<long> encryptedTicket;

    struct answer
    {
      encryptedSessionKey key;
      encryptedTicket ticket;
    };

    exception AccessViolation
    {
      string message;
    };

    answer login(in principal aPrincipal, in encryptedRequest
anEncryptedRequest) raises (AccessViolation) ;
  };

};

Regards,
Markus