Real Problems with Python

Justus Pendleton justus at my-deja.com
Tue Feb 15 13:27:40 EST 2000

In article <slrn8ahapg.7l5.neelk at brick.cswv.com>,
  neelk at alum.mit.edu wrote:
> No, not at all. Dylan makes MI safe by not letting you use it in
> unsound ways.

There are a lot of things you can do in Python that don't work properly
at run time.  I guess I don't see how MI is a different issue from
those.  It seemed like the languages you listed that do things properly
don't have anything equivalent to an eval while those that are broken
do.  It seems like it would be hard for Python to give any kind of
static guarantees on this given what you can do to a class at runtime in
Python.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.