Python XML processing of RSS files

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Sun Feb 6 11:54:37 EST 2000

anthonydelorenzo at my-deja.com wrote:

> I'm working on adding a newsfeed via RSS (rich
> site summary) files, which are in XML.
>
> I've used Pyxie to parse the files and output them
> as HTML, which seems to work fine, except that any
> character entities (eg ") screw up the
> character data for that element.
>
> Is there a better way to do this?  If not, how can
> I make Pyxie work properly with character
> elements?

This sounds like an ideal job for a style-sheet processor.  Have you
considered this approach?  4XSLT, our XSLT processor written in Python,
implements all but a small portion of the spec, and certainly enough for
most transformation tasks.  We've used it in a variety of situations,
including news-feed conversion.

http://FourThought.com/4Suite

--
Uche Ogbuji
Fourthought, Inc.: IT Consultants
uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Software engineering, project management, Intranets and Extranets
http://FourThought.com		http://OpenTechnology.org