mxDateTime and MySQLdb on RedHat 6.1

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri Feb 18 09:59:22 EST 2000

    >> Hello.  I am having trouble compiling these to new modules on my
    >> RedHat 6.1 Linux box.  Below are the errors I am getting on each
    >> installation.

    Thomas> I as well, and from the looks of it this type of problem has
    Thomas> gone unanswered since late '99. Anybody been able to use
    Thomas> mysql/python on redhat 6.1? Trying to do some cgi stuff myself
    Thomas> and while Perl calls to me, I resist, but cant hold on forever.

No problem here (Mandrake 6.1).

    % ls -l /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/_mysqlmodule.so
    -r-xr-xr-x    1 root     users      137153 Dec  6 19:46 /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/_mysqlmodule.so
    % ls -l /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime/mxDateTime.so
    -rwxrwxr-x    1 skip     users      120525 Dec  6 19:51 /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime/mxDateTime.so

I don't recall any problems building either package.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
"Languages that change by catering to the tastes of non-users tend not to do
so well." - Doug Landauer