Porting Python to non-pc platforms (AS/400)

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Wed Feb 23 19:26:08 EST 2000

Jay Graves wrote:

> Its about $1200 for my machine.

> ....but most new development on the AS/400 is still done in RPG.
> I'm new to Python but it has taken a deep hold over me.  I very much want to
> use it in my AS/400 work.  I may have to think spending the dough on the C
> compiler.

I think we need to start up a special fund for Jay, I hated RPG when I
first touched it almost 15 years ago, and I hate it even more now.

The question is, will a virtual $1,200 assist him in his quest for a C
compiler and Python?

I thought RPG stood for role-playing game...

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630