Running a python script from JAVA, with correct indentation

Alain saraz at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 3 16:12:09 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to run a script from a file. The script is written in python. The
script is a telnet session between a router and a computer. If I run the
script from a DOS prompt window, everything is good. But if I start the
script from my program, using a Runtime object, there's a problem. The
communication between the router and the computer is stop, even if the
telnet session is still open. Here's the JAVA code:

private void runPython(String fileName, String aDevice)
{
    try
    {
        Process process;
        Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime();
        String os =System.getProperty( "os.name" );
         if ( os.equals( "Windows 95" ))
        {
            String cmd = "start python " + fileName; process=runtime.exec(cmd);
        }
        else if (os.equals( "Windows NT" ))
        {
            String cmd = "cmd /C \"start python " + fileName + "\"";
            runtime.exec( cmd );
        }
    }
    catch (IOException e)
    {
        writeToLogFile("Telnet to: "+aDevice+" failled: "+e.getMessage());
    }
}

Is there someone have a solution?

Thanks,