embeddable Python web server (was 'derived from CGIHTTPServer.py')

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Fri Feb 18 14:12:20 EST 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Michael [iso-8859-1] Ströder wrote:

> I guess I have to rewrite my synchronous code completely
> if I want to write a medusa handler. Am i right?

Yep. Medusa is only syntactic sugar for a raw select(), which tends to
make your code inside-out (so to speak). If you want to do it simply,
consider mixing in ThreadingTCPServer and do it in threads.

(That of course assumes you are on a platform which uses threads. I
believe Python can use threads on Win32 and on most Unices, but I may be
wrong)

--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.