Real Problems with Python

Bjorn Pettersen bpetterson at uswest.net
Mon Feb 14 12:10:06 EST 2000

But if we get coroutines a la Stackless Python, we could do something like:

    def readline(name):
        fp = open(name)
        while 1:
            line = fp.readline()
            if not line: break
            suspend line
        fp.close()

(someone please correct my semantics if I'm wrong -- I really haven't played enough
with suspend yet :-)

of-course-you-can-do-the-same-thing-with-continuations<wink>'ly y'rs
-- bjorn