PyExpat update

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon Feb 7 18:12:22 EST 2000

Mark C Favas wrote:

> Is there any chance that pyexpat could handle DTDs and thus default values for
> attributes (I believe there was a test version of expat that added this
> capability...)

Yes, it makes sense to use the version of expat with external subset
support.

> I'd like to use the SAX interface to that to spped parsing up -
> I currently use the validating xmlproc part of the PyXML-0.5.3 package.

Pyexpat should meet your needs soon.

> >setjmp/longjmp is gone
> >setjmp/longjmp works on Windows
>
> Umm - did setjmp/longjmp come back?

No, just a think-o. Error reporting from handlers now works on windows.

"If I say something, yet it does not fill you with the immediate
burning desire to voluntarily show it to everyone you know, well then,
it's probably not all that important."
    - http://www.bespoke.org/viridian/