Informix integration

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Feb 16 05:31:32 EST 2000

Bart wrote:

> Emile van Sebille wrote:
> >
> > Assuming you're on Winxx, one way is to set up an ODBC
> > data source using the control panel application, then
> > test it using access, excel, whatever.
>
> I'm on HP-UX mostly. Informix is also on HP-UX. Python will be running
> on HP-UX, maybe on Linux. No Windows.

You can still set up Informix and ODBC.  See the mxODBC docs for
suggestions on doing this on a Unix machine.  I believe the Informix
SDK may contain the ODBC drivers that you need to use.  (I used
mxODBC when I was playing with Informix last year.)

Otherwise, there *is* an Informix module, currently maintained by
Stephen Turner.  That might be your best bet.
See the Vaults of Parnassus:
http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py?so=d&find=informix

You may also consider posting on the DB-SIG mailinglist (see the
Python website for info about the SIGs) when you run into
database trouble.

---Tom