Problem with Installer

Gingerich agingeri at prairie.nodak.edu
Fri Feb 18 10:15:44 EST 2000

I can't seem to get Gordon's installer to work for me.  When I try to run
setuptk.py,  I get the following error.

>>> Finding TK installation...
Analyzing python dependencies of Tkinter c:\python\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py
analyzing win32api
 found KERNEL32.dll
 found USER32.dll
 found ADVAPI32.dll
 found SHELL32.dll
 found OLEAUT32.dll
 found PyWinTypes15.dll
 found python15.dll
 found MSVCRT.dll
analyzing PyWinTypes15.dll
 found KERNEL32.dll
 found USER32.dll
 found ADVAPI32.dll
 found ole32.dll
 found OLEAUT32.dll
 found python15.dll
 found MSVCRT.dll
analyzing python15.dll
 found KERNEL32.dll
 found USER32.dll
 found ADVAPI32.dll
 found WSOCK32.dll
 found WINMM.dll
 found MSVCRT.dll
analyzing _tkinter
 found KERNEL32.dll
 found tcl80.dll
 found tk80.dll
 found python15.dll
 found MSVCRT.dll
analyzing tcl80.dll
 found MSVCRT.dll
 found KERNEL32.dll
 found ADVAPI32.dll
 found USER32.dll
analyzing tk80.dll
 found tcl80.dll
 found MSVCRT.dll
 found KERNEL32.dll
 found USER32.dll
 found GDI32.dll
 found comdlg32.dll
found binaries in C:\WINDOWS\lib
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Python\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 313, in
RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\Python\installer\SetupTK.py", line 62, in ?
    main()
  File "C:\Python\installer\SetupTK.py", line 40, in main
    for fnm in os.listdir(libin):
OSError: [Errno 3] No such process

If I try to run standalone.py, I get a similiar error, but I also have not
had a successful run of setuptk.py which needs to be run first.  I have TCL
installed in my C:\Python directory, with the paths in my autoexec.bat.  I
tried 3 Win98 machines and an NT4.  All with the exact same error.  I have
Winall build 1.27 installed with Py 1.52.  So what am I doing wrong?