X-no-archive fails (was Re: Python sucks loud)

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Feb 12 01:09:59 EST 2000

In article <v3s9as493bb1k6cm4bu7r322unssbo6ggg at 4ax.com>,
Dennis Lee Bieber  <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>	I've been in other newsgroups where it has been stated that most
>sites which honor "no archive" headers will also accept it as the first
>line of text in the body -- explicitly for those "do everything poorly"
>utilities folks insist on using...

Well, sure.  But they don't honor it in quoted text -- which is what
happens during a followup.  Moreover, it turns out during the recent
RemarQ fiasco that they didn't honor that header in the past.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be