binary distribution for SGI

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Sat Feb 19 00:19:58 EST 2000

A binary distribution of Python for SGI (Irix) systems is
included in the "freeware" product, as 'inst' product name
fw_python.  However, I usually compile mine from source, out
of habits from pre-freeware days.

You only need to be root to do the final 'make install' step
(not surprising, since that step installs files into system
directories).

If you posted more detail on why your compile of the source
failed, likely someone will be able to provide an easy solution.